Charli D’Amelio is a social media personality who regularly shares her love for Dunkin Donuts with her followers.
Her love/obsession with Dunkin Donuts has paid off.
The Charli is now an official drink on the Dunkin Donuts menu.
Her namesake drink contains Dunkin Donuts cold brew, whole milk, and three pumps of caramel swirl.
D’Amelio has admitted to drinking between 1 and 3 of these Dunkin’ beverages daily.
Who Is Charli D’Amelio?
Through her social media accounts, Charli has been giving Dunkin Donuts free advertising and has been gently nudging Dunkin’ to partner with her since late last year.
In February 2020, it was estimated that Charli gave the company 294 million free video impressions.
And the company is now partnering with her in a big way.
Dunkin’ Is Rewarding Charlie
- The company is letting her take over its social media channels during the month of September.
- Dunkin’ sent her a lot of swag as well as her own signature tap.
- And Dunkin’ is featuring her in its latest contest.
— charli d’amelio (@charlidamelio) February 3, 2020
Dunkin’ Charli D’Amelio Contest Details
- The contest runs from September 9, 2020 through September 14, 2020.
- 5 Grand Prizes will be awarded.
- Participants must have or download Instagram and follow @Dunkin.
- Dunkin’ will ask participants to recreate their favorite Charli D’Amelio and Dunkin’ moments.
- Participants will submit a photo of their re-creation and tag @Dunkin and use the hash tag #CharlixDunkinContest.
- 1 entry is allowed per person.
- Judges will evaluate the entries based on: Originality/Creativity (50%); Relativity to Charli D’Amelio’s Dunkin’ Moments (25%); and Overall Appeal/Marketability (25%).
- Grand Prize Winners will “dance, ask questions, and learn some TikTok tips and tricks in an exclusive Zoom call with Charli D’Amelio.”
Dunkin’ is one of many companies who suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It recently announced it was closing 800 locations by the end of 2020; 450 of those were inside Speedway gas stations.
In an effort to boost sales, Dunkin’ introduced its fall menu extra early this year; pumpkin drinks debuted on August 19.
Dunkin is kickin’ off fall with pumpkin spiced lattes and apple cider donuts getting added to the menu this week! 🎃 Lets get SPOOKY 👻 https://t.co/3OJ0qu4MS6 @ovictoriamedia pic.twitter.com/XVUl822Pyl
— 106.1 BLI (@1061BLI) August 15, 2020
Dunkin’ is also getting in the beer business, announcing a collaboration with Harpoon Brewery in August 2020 for donut-infused beer.
New products plus a partnership with Charli D’Amelio should certainly boost Dunkin’s fall sales.