If you have been out of the loop for a while, you may not have realized how much nail care has changed.
People realize that these techniques that were only used in nail salons are quite attainable at home.
If you have the proper paint, you can absolutely put together a professional water marbling look from the comfort of your own home.
Water marbling is one of the most unique ways to showcase your nails.
The way that each nail comes out with its own marble-like pattern on it will be one of the most unique nail polish jobs you have ever seen done.
With all of the different colors, styles, and brands available, you may be overwhelmed picking out the best nail polishes for water marbling.
Let’s take a look at the Top 10 best on the market.
Best Nail Polishes For Water Marbling (Top 10)
1. Makartt Blooming Nail Polish, Alcohol Nail Ink Watercolor Pink Blossom Gel Nail Polish Magic Manicuring Kit
- Multiple colors to help change the overall look
- Use with alcohol
- Can create flowers as well
The one thing that is worth mentioning right from the start is that water marbling is not the easiest of techniques to get right.
Chances are you are going to have to practice quite a bit before you can get the look perfect.
The good news is that these kits come with everything necessary to work on this process and achieve the results you are looking for.
You can use more than one color with the Makartt Blooming Nail Polish, as they will collide and create the marbled look.
In addition, when the colors collide, there will be some blending that will create other colors on the surface of the nail.
For instance, when the Azure and the Fuscia collide, you will find that it makes a purple color.
The process for getting the water marbling technique is clearly laid out for you, and you can use these paints on gel nails, acrylic nails, and artificial nails if you so choose.
Overall, the Makartt is a perfect kit to get yourself started with water marbling, but you should be prepared to spend a bit of time practicing.
- Comes with instructions
- Kit has several different colors to choose from
- Colors can combine to make other unique combinations
- No ability to customize the colors the kit comes with
2. Blooming Nail Polish Watercolor Nail Polish Water Ink for Nails Flower Marble Autumn Manicure Design Blossom Polish
- Comes with directions
- Easier to use than other water marbling nail kits
- Impressive 3D Look
The Blooming Nail Polish Watercolor Nail Polish kit is an excellent choice if you are looking to save money and do your own nails at home.
The marble blooming effect is very easy to create, and some will use it to get a realistic flower on the nail.
One of the things to notice with this nail polish is that the ink is naturally dried.
You will dip it and then wait for a few seconds for the blooming process to dry on the nail.
This helps to give it a more natural look.
Although this kit is great for home use, it can be used professionally as well.
- It comes with six colors
- Overall fair pricing for the amount of polish offered
- Dries quickly
- The process is complicated and will take some trial and error
3. Modelones Blooming Gel Nail Polish, Nail Ink, Magic Watercolor Blossom Nail Varnish Art Flower Marble Autumn Design Manicure
Modelones Blooming Gel Nail Polish Set, 7 Colors Blossom Gel for Spreading Marble Effect, Air Dry Magic Watercolor Nails Polish, Natural Stone, Floral Print, Rose Petal, Nail Art Flower Spring Design Manicure, Watercolor Alcohol Nail Ink 10ml
- It makes a great gift
- Very textured look
- Comes in seven colors
One of the things that you will quickly learn about water marbling nail polishes is that they tend to come in kits.
The kits come in a variety of sizes and colors to make sure that the job you do at home is just as good as the nail salon.
The Modelones kit comes with directions, but most customers will tell you that this is one of the more accessible options on the market.
Each kit comes with seven colors that have a 10ml bottle each.
All you will need is one small drop of the color, and the water marbling technique will take over.
Some colors will collide with each other and mix, so you have endless possibilities with this polish.
- It comes with a lot of colors
- Textured and 3D look
- Can make an excellent gift for holidays
- Some trouble with damage during shipping
4. MIZHSE Blooming Gel Nail Polish, 12 Colors Marble Nail Polish, Nail Ink Magic Watercolor
- It comes in 12 colors
- Flower or marble pattern effect is easy to achieve
- Saves money
The Mizhse Blooming Gel Nail Polish kit is one of the best options for those who want to save money yet create a nail salon look from home.
With 12 colors, you can create almost any pattern or design that you would like by using this kit.
The great thing about it is that you will simply need to put a base coat of white on your nail and then use just a drop of this blooming gel that is included in the kit.
Once the blooming gel is applied to the nail, it will do its own thing.
This process is easy and creates a unique look on the nail.
There are lots of examples of different types of patterns that people were able to achieve with this kit.
Although it takes a little time to perfect, this is an excellent option to consider.
- The colliding effect is easy to achieve
- Dries quickly
- Having 12 colors allows for endless possibilities
- Like all kits, it will take some time to achieve the desired results
5. BURANO Marble Nail Polish, Blooming Gel Nail Polish Marble Ink Nails Watercolor Effect Marble Tints Liquid for Nails
- Fast dry
- No need for a lamp
- It comes with eight colors
Most of the kits that we have described so far will come in a variety of beautiful colors.
You can then combine the colors to ensure that you get something that matches your style perfectly.
However, the Burano Marble Nail Polish includes a gold glitter option for you.
Instead of doing the white base color with the gold glitter, you can add a black base color.
Most other colors will not work for the water marbling technique on the black base, so this is a new option to consider.
The gold color takes a bit longer to dry than the other colors, but it is worth having to hold your hands in place for a few extra seconds.
Overall, the Burano is one of the fastest drying options on the market, typically taking about 15 seconds to set.
- It comes with unique gold color
- Overall easy product to use
- Mixing colors to make new ones is possible
- Inks will evaporate over time
6. Supwee 8 Colors Blooming Watercolor Gel Nail Polish Marble Ink Gel Polish Magic Ink Watercolor Gel Polish Flower Marble Design
- Great blending
- No lamp necessary
- Comes in a nice gift box
The Supwee 8 Color Blooming Watercolor Gel is an excellent option if you are ready to try the water marbling technique on your own.
One of the things that makes this kit stand out is the way that the colors can blend and create an entirely new look.
Many people struggle to get the natural flower pattern with their water marbling nail polishes, but the Supwee makes it relatively a bit easier.
In addition, you won’t need a cure lamp to set this polish.
Simply let it naturally dry for a minute or so, and your fingernail will have a completely new and unique look.
The set comes in a boxed kit that works quite well as a gift for friends or family.
- High quality polish
- Does not need a lamp to try
- Can mix colors, then wash brushes to avoid future mixing
- Colors are a bit more muted than other brands
7. HOMOST 5D Cat Eye Gel Nail Polish Kit, 6PCS Magnetic Gel Nail Polish Set With Magnet, Magic Chameleon Gem Effect Gel Polish Set
- Can create 5D effect
- Looks different depending on the angle
- Comes with six different colors
The water marbling technique is new and getting quite a bit of attention, but it typically creates more of a 3D look to the nails.
If you want something that looks just like water marbling but takes things to the next level, then this Homost 5D could be a perfect choice.
The look that you can create on your nails will be different from every angle.
One of the things that helps the Homost stand out is that it is a long-lasting polish.
If you are someone who does not have the time to do their nails all that often, this will help save you both time and money.
The kit comes with everything you need to create a variety of patterns that will look completely different from anything you have created at home.
This is a fairly priced option considering all that you get.
- Creates a space-like effect
- 5D design looks different from all angles
- Brand new concept for at-home nail polishes
- Just like other water marbling techniques, it takes some practice to perfect
8. Ownest 6 Colors Blooming Nail Polish Set, Magic Blossoming Nail Polish Kit Marble Nail Polish, Watercolor Ink Gradient Color Marble Nail Design for DIY Nail Art-#A
- Easily create the blooming effect
- It comes with six colors
- Has a transparent color as well
The Ownest blooming nail polish set is an excellent option for creating the water marbling look on your nails.
This kit comes in five colors and then a clear or transparent color.
The transparent option helps to aid the marbling technique so that it is smoother and more natural-looking.
One of the great things about the Ownest is that it will work on UV gel nails, artificial nails, natural nails, and acrylic nails.
You can use more than one color to create a variety of looks and make sure that you have a completely unique look on your nails.
Overall, we found this option to be rather easy to use and can save a lot of money when it comes to creating a professional look at home.
- Can make your own colors by blending
- Has the clear that helps aide in the water marbling process
- Overall easy to use
- Colors are not quite as bright as other water marbling kits.
9. Marble Gradient Nail Polish Ink, MaxDelic 12 Color Nail Polish Watercolor Marble Nail Ink Blooming Nail Gel Manicure
- Creates very realistic effect
- Available in several colors
- Easy to use
One thing you will quickly notice about water marbling nail polishes is that they are typically available in a wide variety of colors.
They are mostly sold as kits which can help to save money and create a variety of looks and styles.
However, for some people who are looking for just a basic design or only do their nails every few weeks, one bottle of polish may be plenty.
As you likely know, having a large collection and not using it will mean that it will dry up over time.
The Marble Gradient Nail polish is available in single-use sizes, and you can get the exact colors that you want.
The polish works on any type of nail style, and when you do purchase more than one color, you can get them to collide to create a unique look on the surface of the nail.
- Quality is good enough for at-home use
- Works on all types of nails
- Will collide with other colors
- Need to purchase the transparent color as well to get the proper look
10. Blossom Watercolor Nail Polish Magic Blossom Marble Nail Polish Blooming Gel DIY Nail Watercolor Ink Smudge Liquid Nail Art Manicure Polish Pure (1)
- Works on colored nails
- Creates the white marbling effect
- Will not smudge
Last but certainly not least is the Blossom Watercolor Nail Polish.
This is a unique option that only comes in the white color.
We like that you can use white to help create the marbled look with any other color polish.
Most other water marbling techniques require white as the base.
However, using white as the marbling technique will really change the overall look that you can get.
If you want something unique, you can easily create it using the brush and an additional applicator.
Overall, the white water marbling this creates can be a good option for a nighttime look as it pairs very well with a black or dark polish.
Water marbling techniques for your nails take a bit of time to get used to and perfect, but it will be well worth it in the end.
Just think of all the money you will save.
- Fair price for a quality product
- It can be applied to dark colors
- Simple process, self dry
- Some have had trouble with the product getting too clumped up quickly