TikTok is a huge platform that connects many users of different perspectives and views at one stage.
The platform enables you to like, comment, and share the content of TikTok creators.
People can like your comment in the TikTok comment section to agree or disagree with your thoughts.
However, there can be different reasons you might not be able to view the name of persons who liked your comment.
Why Can’t I See Who Liked My Comment On TikTok?
TikTok does not allow its users to see the name of the people who liked the comments directly from the comments section.
This is a privacy feature on TikTok that remains the same for all users.
The platform will only notify you that someone has liked your comment, and no one else in the comment section gets a notification about it.
This means you will be able to see who liked your comments from the notifications section.
That said, there are different ways other than notifications to see the likes on your comments.
What Factors Prevent You From Seeing Who Liked Your Comment On TikTok?
Several factors can limit your ability to view who has liked your comment on TikTok.
These factors only prevent you from seeing who liked your comment when you comment on someone else’s post.
Let’s have a look at the factors briefly.
1. User Has Switched Profile From Public To Private
One of the reasons you are not able to see who has liked your comment on someone else’s post is that they have switched the profile from public to private.
Private accounts need the owner’s approval to view the content on their profile.
Also, you will not be able to see your comment on a private profile even when it was public when you commented.
2. User Has Turned Off Commenting On Their Post
The other reason you cannot see who has liked your comment on TikTok is that the owner of the post has turned off commenting on their post.
If you are viewing the likes on your comment after the user has turned off commenting, you will be unable to see who liked your comment.
3. User Changed The Comment Settings To Friends
In most cases, the user may have changed the comment settings from Everyone to Friends.
This means only the user’s friends can comment and see the likes on their comments.
If you are not the one on the user’s friends list, you will be unable to comment or see the likes on your comments even if you commented before the user changed the settings.
4. User Has Deleted The Post
Sometimes, the user deletes the post for various reasons.
This results in preventing you from seeing who has liked your comment.
When you tap on the notification saying that someone has liked your comment, you will see the post is unavailable.
It means that the user has deleted it.
5. User Has Blocked You
One of the common reasons you will be unable to see who has liked your comment on TikTok is that the post owner has blocked you for some reason.
In this case, you will be unable to see their profile and content.
6. User Have Deleted Their Account From TikTok
In rare cases, when a user deletes their account from TikTok, it prevents you from seeing any activity you performed on their videos.
Account deletion prevents you from seeing your likes, comments, and who has liked your comment.
The above-discussed are some of the factors that prevent you from seeing who has liked your comment on TikTok.
How To See The Likes On Someone Else’s Comment On TikTok
If you are the video creator, TikTok notifies you if someone has liked a comment on your TikTok video.
The platform also sends a notification in your inbox to let you see who liked your video’s comments.
Let’s discuss the tricks to find out the ways to see the likes in your comments.
1. Access Your TikTok Inbox Section
Launch your TikTok application and navigate to the home screen.
You will see a different application section on your home screen bottom bar.
Tap on the inbox tab to open your TikTok inbox section.
This shows you all the notifications about the likes, comments, and messages.
Also, it informs you of who liked your or someone else’s comments on your video.
It is responsible for storing all the information and notification to keep your account updated about every activity.
2. All Activity Segment
TikTok comprises the All Activity segment on the screen’s top section.
You have to tap on the tab to open a dropdown bar.
This dropdown bar has a collection of different types of notifications.
You can select the type of notifications to sort out the activities you want to see.
3. Choose Likes
You can choose the “Likes” option from the dropdown menu.
Doing this sorts out each and every notification about the likes you received on comments, replies, and videos.
Also, you can see the one who liked someone else’s comment on your video.
You can choose this option to see other people’s likes on the comments if you are the creator of that video.
If you are the commentator on someone else’s post, you will be unable to see who liked a comment on the video.
However, you can see the user who liked your comment on someone else’s post.
These are some of the ways that you can follow to see who liked your comment on your video or who liked your comment on someone else’s video.
However, you will not be able to see the likes on someone else’s comments on other users’ posts.
Another Method How To See Who Liked Your Comment On TikTok
The above-discussed method only notifies when users are still replying or liking your comment.
TikTok only sends notifications when users are performing activities on your video.
In most scenarios, the platform will stop promoting a video, and for this reason, it is possible that your comment will not get any additional likes.
Follow the steps below to see who liked your comment in this scenario.
- Tap on the Profile section on the right-hand navigation bar at the bottom.
- After entering your profile screen, look at the top right corner and click on the Three Horizontal Lines to open a Menu.
- On the menu screen, tap on Settings & Privacy.
- Scroll down in your TikTok settings until you reach a segment titled Content & Activity.
- In this section, look for Watch History and click on it to let it take you to the list of your past activity. It shows your watch history from the past seven days.
- You must scroll through different videos in the TikTok watch history until you find the video you commented on.
- After you have found the video, go to the comment section to find your comment.
- Tap on likes to see who liked your comment.
You should follow the above alternative method to see who liked your comment on TikTok.
It also enables you to watch your work history from the past week.
How To See Who Liked A Comment On TikTok Using PC
Using a PC is the easiest way to see who liked your comment on TikTok.
However, before you start accessing TikTok, you should download the desktop application of the platform.
In addition, you can access it directly by going to the TikTok official site, but it lacks some operations.
For this reason, it is good that you have a desktop application to access every functionality.
- Launch the application or go to TikTok.
- In the top-right corner, click on the Profile icon.
- Click on Settings.
- Go to the Privacy section and select Data.
- In the Select file format segment, confirm the TXT format.
- After confirmation, click on the Request Data button.
- Select the Download Data on the top bar to view your request status.
- Download your Data once it is available and unzip it from the same page.
- Go to the View Browsing text file to have a look at the videos you partially saw or watched.
- Look for the videos on which you have commented.
- After identifying the video you have commented on, go to the comment section to find your comment.
- Click on the likes under your comment to see who liked your comment.
With so much content uploaded on TikTok, it is normal that you can lose track of stuff on the platform.
You can follow the above-listed steps to identify your comment and see who liked your content.
Also, you can follow these steps to rewatch your favorite videos as it is easy to trace back to the video once you have your watch history data.
How To Get Back To The Video You Have Commented On To See Who Liked Your Comment
Unfortunately, TikTok doesn’t have anything like Facebook’s activity feature that can take you directly to the previously commented video.
Apart from the methods above, there are still ways to track the video you commented on and see who liked your comment.
If you have commented on someone’s TikTok video, there’s a chance that they might see your comment and respond to it by liking it.
Fortunately, you will get a notification if someone responds to your comment.
At the bottom of the TikTok app, tap on the message icon and then tap on the video to the right.
Doing this will take you to the video you have commented on.
However, there is no direct way to go back to the video you commented on if you did not receive a notification.
You will have to remember the person who posted it, use the Discover feature to search for it, or follow the instructions from the above-discussed methods.
These are the only possible ways to get back to the video you have commented on to see who liked your comment.
Does TikTok Notify You When Someone Comments On Your Video?
Yes, TikTok sends a notification when someone comments on your video.
If you are a consistent content creator on TikTok, you will see many of your videos on the For You TikTok page.
Doing this increases your visibility to the audience and enables you to interact with them.
It has a push notification button that notifies you about the likes and comments on your TikTok videos.
You need to enable push notifications on your device if you want to get notifications about the likes and comments on your videos.
The steps may vary slightly on Android and iOS devices to enable push notifications and get notified about who liked your comment on TikTok.
1. Enabling Push Notifications On An Android Device
Have a look at the steps below to enable TikTok push notifications on an Android device.
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- In the settings list, tap on Apps & Notification.
- Among the list of installed apps, look for the TikTok app and tap on it.
- In the TikTok settings, tap on the Notification settings.
- Tap the Show Notifications bar switch on the right side. Doing this enables you to turn the notification from TikTok off or on.
The above-listed are the steps you can follow to enable the push notification on an Android device.
2. Enabling Push Notification On An iOS Device
You can follow the steps below to enable TikTok’s push notifications on an iOS device.
- Go to the iOS Settings application.
- Navigate to the Notification segment and tap on it to go to the next screen.
- In the list of applications, look for TikTok and tap on it to follow on to the next section.
- Toggle the switch on the TikTok app notifications.
Following the above-listed apps will turn on the push notification of your TikTok application.
If you want to receive any specific type of alert, you can also select alert preferences on your screen.
After completing and following each step precisely, you will start receiving notifications about the likes, comments, and who liked your comments on your TikTok video content.
There are many factors involved when you cannot see who has liked your comment on TikTok.
If you are a creator and commentator of your post, you can see who has liked your comment and who has liked someone else’s comment on your post through notifications and watch history.