The Golden State Warriors may be gradually getting their mojo back.
After starting the season 3-7, they have won eight of their last 12 games, and they currently sit in ninth place in the Western Conference with an 11-11 record.
Perhaps the biggest reason for their improved play has been Stephen Curry, who is playing about as well as he ever has.
Through 20 games, he is averaging 31.4 points, 6.7 rebounds, and 7.0 assists per game while shooting 51.8 percent overall and 43.6 percent from 3-point range.
Curry has returned to that rare stratosphere of players who are shooting 50 percent overall, 40 percent from downtown, and 90 percent from the free throw line (he’s at 90.7 percent from the charity stripe).
— TheColdWire.com (@thecoldwire) November 30, 2022
It looks like he has a real shot at what would be his third regular season MVP award.
It would be quite an accomplishment for Curry, who is starting to be talked about as one of the 10 greatest players of all time and arguably the best in the game today.
Curry has topped the 40-point mark three times already this season, which included a 50-point outburst on November 16 against the Phoenix Suns.
The One Thing That Could Get In The Way
Historically, the MVP award has gone to someone on a team that had one of the best records in the NBA.
For Curry to secure the MVP this season, he will have to catapult Golden State back to a high seed, but if he does so, it could very well be enough of a moving story to sway voters onto his side.