When purchasing a ring, there are many different styles to choose from.
Depending on the style or the occasion that you are purchasing a ring for, you will be impressed with the number of choices out there.
We have found forty different types of rings that may help broaden your perspective when it comes to jewelry and rings.
40 Types Of Rings
1. Twisted Eternity Ring
A twisted eternity ring is designed to look like an everlasting bond.
There is no start or beginning to the twisted eternity ring.
The band seems to travel on and on, and there are diamonds on the ring for those interested in adding those.
The twisted eternity ring is going to come in several different colors.
2. Hearts Ring
Not all rings have a solid band entirely around them.
Some will be created with certain symbolic shapes that can be a unique fit for a person.
A hearts ring will have a band made up of a number of hearts that are all connected to each other.
Some people like that the heart ring can be a little cooler to wear because it lets air through to the finger.
3. Infinity Ring
- Width : 4 mm
- CTW : 0.05 carat
- AAA grade Cubic Zirconia
- Will be Shipped Today or Tomorrow
- Promptly Packaged with Free Gift Box
The infinity ring is a unique style that will come in a variety of patterns.
Infinity rings will somehow incorporate the infinity symbol somewhere in the ring and make it so that it is clearly visible.
The infinity rings will sometimes incorporate pearls or even diamonds into the overall look of the ring.
This is a popular choice for weddings and anniversaries as well.
4. Wishbone Ring
The wishbone ring is a unique style that not many companies have.
You may have had a good luck wish on a wishbone when you were younger and celebrated Thanksgiving with your family.
With the wishbone ring, the style is very simple, and it just has a small point on the one side that creates the illusion of a wishbone.
5. Round Cut Ring
A round cut ring is one of the most common on the market.
This is the type of ring that really sets the gemstone apart from the ring.
The ring itself is typically very simple, and the gemstone (usually a diamond) will be the centerpiece of the ring’s design.
The round cut ring will come in many different materials and styles, and there are customizations that you can to do make this unique.
6. Silicone Wedding Band
One of the downsides of a wedding band is that it can be dangerous to use when working with your hands.
In addition, the band can get damaged considerably when you are working out or doing yard work.
If you want to keep your original wedding band in place, the silicone wedding band is a great choice to consider.
In addition, these will come at a very low price.
7. Chunky Resin Rings
No products found.
No products found.
Not all rings have to be made for formal affairs.
You can put a chunky resin ring on to match any of your attire.
These are plastic and stackable, so you can create a unique design on your hands.
The fun thing about these rings is that you get quite a few in a pack, which helps to ensure that you always have something unique to wear.
8. Dad Ring
- Your dad deserves a handsome, beautifully crafted silver mens ring – not mens rings sold by other brands that turn out to be low-quality, breaking after only a couple of months. The JewelExcess Diamond Accent Dad Ring is forged out of .925 Sterling Silver with 1/20-carat authentic White Diamond accents, for a strong, durable mens silver ring Dad will love to wear and show off for years to come.
- Don’t settle for mens rings silver that are disappointingly small, thin, and ill-fitting. Our Sterling Silver rings for men make an impact with a stately 23.65mm x 11.57mm face - that’s the perfect balance of masculine heft and tasteful elegance. Offered in sizes 9 through 12, our mens Sterling Silver ring men is carefully crafted for the perfect fit and comfortable, everyday wear.
- Show Dad your love – Gift this dad jewelry Sterling Silver band to your father, husband, brother, and friends, to proudly wear as a badge of fatherhood. Our dad ring represents how loved and appreciated its wearer is, and what an amazing father he is. The perfect mens gifts for him, Fathers Day gift for men, Dad gifts from daughter, men gifts for husband gifts, and birthday gifts for Dad.
- Safe for sensitive skin – Made with zero-nickel, zero-lead .925 Sterling Silver, and genuine 1/20-carat White Diamond accents, our non tarnish rings men safeguard skin against reactions. When you wear our silver ring for men, you can look forward to supreme comfort.
- At JewelExcess, we’re proud to offer our customers exclusive, premium-quality men jewelry at reasonable rates. We craft our men ring with care to give you the absolute best quality, artistry, and workmanship for the rate. If for any reason you don’t love your sterling silver dad rings, please don’t hesitate to reach out directly so we can make it right. Our customers are our top priority
JEWELEXCESS Mens Rings Dad Rings for Men Silver – Genuine .925 Sterling Silver Rings for Men with 1/20-Carat White Diamond Accents – Handsome, Durably Crafted Dads Ring Gifts for Men and Gifts for Dad
As you will notice, many of the rings on our list are going to be for both men and women.
The Dad ring is a men’s style ring that almost looks like a high school or college championship ring.
You can see that the name Dad has been molded into the top of this ring.
This could be a great Father’s Day choice for a deserving father.
9. Snake Finger Ring
- Please look for the only authentic seller before placing an order: FLASSSH，Stainless Steel Made, Never Rust or Green Finger
- Hypoallergenic, Safe to Wear in Water/Oil/Shampoo/Detergent, Strong and Durable
- Unique gift for mother, wife, girlfriend, lover, fiancee, friends on Mother’s day, Valentine’s day, birthday party, festival celebration, anniversary, formal events, etc.
- Promise 90-day Products Exchange or Money Back Guarantee. That is our promise. So, if you're not completely happy with your purchase within the first 90 days, just let us know. We will do whatever it takes to make it right.
There is not much to say about the snake finger ring other than the fact that it looks just like a snake wrapped around your finger.
This is a great option for those who like snakes or are simply looking for a unique piece of jewelry.
Most of the snake finger rings are darker in color, but there are some in bright colors as well.
10. Princess Cut Ring
A princess cut ring is one that has a large diamond in the middle and then two small diamonds on either side.
The princess cut is a very impressive look to a ring.
With this, the middle diamond is always the largest, and the ones on either side are smaller and act as a complement to the main diamond.
11. Mid Finger Rings
Most of us know that a ring is going to be placed on the lower portion of the finger.
This is the standard location, but there are also rings made to be worn mid finger.
With these mid finger rings, you will find that you can actually fit more than one ring.
12. Superbowl Championship Ring
No products found.
Even if you did not play in the Superbowl, you could get a replica of the ring that the winners were given.
With the Superbowl championship replica rings, you will have a representation of your favorite team and the journey that you spent watching them win their Superbowl.
These rings are typically not all that expensive because they are made with products that are not real diamonds or gold.
13. Anxiety Ring
No products found.
No products found.
With an anxiety ring, there will be a small fidget type device on the ring itself.
This is an excellent choice for people who get nervous and tend to spin their rings or move them around in their hands.
The anxiety ring is a great choice for those who want to calm down by turning their ring in place.
14. Three Row Ring
A three-row ring will have three rows of diamonds or patterns on it.
This is done to bring a bit of style and uniqueness to the ring.
With these rings, expect the band to be a bit wider than others to accommodate the additional patterns.
15. Open Fashion Ring
We often think about rings as being completely closed around the finger.
However, there are other rings that are more open.
This one fits almost like a clip around your finger, leaving the middle completely open.
The design is unique and something that can be worn on a hand that typically doesn’t wear a ring.
16. Butterfly Ring
A butterfly ring will incorporate butterflies into the top part of the ring.
In place of a diamond or a pearl, the butterfly ring could be a great choice to consider.
The butterfly ring is typically a bit more fragile because of the way the butterfly sits on the top of the ring.
17. Mesh Ring
Mesh rings are a great solution for those who get uncomfortable wearing a traditional ring.
The mesh ring is breathable and moves around with your finger instead of being something that is more rigid and set in one place.
A mesh ring is available in a few different colors.
18. Cluster Ring
A cluster ring will have a wide range of diamonds all clustered in one group.
With a cluster ring, you can choose different styles or a different number of diamonds in the cluster.
This is a great choice for an anniversary if you want to choose a ring that has ten diamonds for a ten-year anniversary or something similar.
19. Wave Ring
Similar to the wishbone ring is the wave ring.
When you have a wave ring on your finger, it is going to look like a wave of water washing over your finger.
The overall band on the wave ring is quite narrow, and you won’t notice too much of this ring on your finger unless you look for it.
If you enjoy a simpler style, this is the ring to go for.
20. X Ring
As you can see, there are many different types of rings available on the market.
The X Ring is just another style where the band is representative of something.
The X ring is a very unique-looking ring that looks like there are two rings crossing each other.
The space where your finger goes almost seems to connect the two rings in place.
21. Open Toe Ring
Who says rings need to be saved for your fingers?
There are many situations where a toe ring is going to be appropriate, especially in the summer when flip flops are being worn at all times.
An open toe ring helps to make the fit a bit more adjustable and comfortable for the person wearing it.
22. Bow Ring
A bow ring is designed to look as though someone has tied a bow on your finger.
This is a unique idea for a person who loves a special gift.
One of the things that you will notice about the bow ring is that there are a variety of ways that you can place the diamonds to make the bow ring special.
This is one of those rings that can get very expensive, or it can be kept a bit simpler.
23. Men’s Black Tungsten Ring
The black tungsten ring is bold and classic looking.
This is also a durable design, so you can rest assured that you will have this ring for years to come.
One of the things we love about the tungsten rings is that they can be ordered in different thicknesses, so you can choose something that works for your hand and finger size.
24. Flower Ring
No products found.
We have seen butterflies, bows, and hearts, but this is the first flower ring on our list.
The thing that stands out about the flower ring is the use of color in the ring.
If you are someone who wants a ring with a bit more personality and flair, this is something to consider.
Flowers will never go out of style.
25. Personalized Ring
- 💚 Complimentary 3 Year Warranty by PaulaMax Jewelry - Covers stones & metal
- 💚 Crafted in precious 925 Sterling Silver, with a protective layer of bright shiny rhodium to protect the silver
- 💚 USA Company & Service - PaulaMax Jewelry is located in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada
- 💚 Ready To Gift - Complete with soft silky pouch and jewelry polishing cloth
- 💚 Perfect Gift as a promise ring for her, promise ring for women and couples, engagement ring, mothers ring with 2 birthstones, anniversary ring, personalized birthstone class ring
When a ring is personalized, it will usually have a name or inscription on the inside of the ring.
The personalization helps the ring to be a bit more unique and work for a more special gift.
One of the things to remember about a personalized ring is that there are several different locations where you can put the personalization.
Don’t always assume that it needs to be on the inside of the band of the ring.
26. Crown Ring
If you can’t wear a crown on your head, then you might as well wear one on your finger.
The crown ring looks as though your finger has been appointed a spot on the throne.
The only thing to watch with this ring is that it does not irritate your other fingers in any way.
This has been a point of concern for some.
27. Belly Button Ring
- ❤Heart shape Design❤:1PC 316 Surgical Steel Belly Ring,The Top is Three Heart-Shaped Clear CZ Connected Together, and the Bottom is a Large Heart-Shaped Clear CZ,Very Shiny and Warm People's Heart.
- ❤Regular Size❤:1.6mm=14 Gauge, 10mm Bar Length, Comfortable Size,Suitable for Most People
- ❤Safe Material❤:316L Surgical Stainless Steel and 5A Grade Shiny CZ,Shiny and Elegant,Hypoallergenic and Nickel Free
- ❤Smooth Surface❤:High Polished Bar Surface, Lightweight and Comfortable to Wear,You Can Deserve it
- ❤Good Choice For Gifts❤: The Heart Shape Clear Shiny CZ, Kindness and Beauty. If You Give it to Relatives and Friends, You will Get People’s Love and A Good Impression.
A belly button ring is made specifically for a belly button piercing.
These are going to fit and react a bit differently than other rings on the market.
With a belly button ring, you will have to ensure that the size is right for you and that the materials won’t bother you as well.
Most of the belly button rings on the market are longer in style than a traditional ring.
28. Initial Ring
No products found.
No products found.
We mentioned that personalized rings could be an excellent choice for a more meaningful gift.
One of the great things about an initial ring is that you typically don’t have to pay for personalization.
Most of the time, you can simply choose your initial, and it will be in stock.
The only choice you have left to make is whether or not to go with a first or last name initial.
29. Tungsten Carbide Ring
Rings that use alternative materials usually look very cool.
The thing that makes this tungsten carbide ring stand out is that it combines several different materials.
This is one of those rings that you will get compliments on, and people will want to know where you found something like that.
Overall, the tungsten carbide ring should be a rather long-lasting option as well.
30. Stacking Rings
With the stacking rings, you get a very thin banded ring that can be worn all on one finger or split up across several fingers.
These are usually sold in a pack of more than one because people tend to wear a few at the same time.
Stacking rings are typically not all that expensive and can be moved between both hands.
31. Spinner Ring
One habit that many people have is spinning their rings on their fingers.
When you use a spinner ring, you won’t have to spin the ring around your entire finger, but instead, this is a layered design in which the outside of the ring will actually spin.
This is a great ring for someone who has a nervous habit and enjoys spinning the ring around.
You can save your hand some damage by spinning just the outer layer of the ring while it stays in place on your finger.
32. Tassel Ring
- Inset cubic zirconia adjustable fringe ring, retro Bohemian style, wearing more elegant and cool, fully show your taste and personality
- Bohemian fringe ring made of lead-free nickel-free alloy that does not contain any hazardous metals, this vintage fringed ring is highly polished, durable and comfortable, and easy to maintain, making it an ideal choice for long lasting jewelry design
- These trendy sexy open rings work well with your daily wear take, can wear it go to many occasions, such as valentine’s day, christmas day, mother’s day, thanksgiving day, birthday, wedding, party, anniversary, prom and casual days. they will give you charming look and win more compliments.
- Layered Chain Tassel Finger Ring our vintage rings are ideal for work, weekends, and anywhere between perfect for everyday use and special occasions such as parties, clubs, weddings, etc. So they are sure to go with everything
- 90-days return policy. questions or concerns regarding the order will be answered within 24 hours.
We have seen rings with a variety of different shapes and patterns, but this is the first one on our list that has a tassel coming down from the ring.
The tassel is an added decoration that will hang down and add even more decoration to the hand.
This is a stacking type ring, and the tassel becomes the bottom of the stack.
Overall, this design is quite unique, but you have to be careful where you wear it and what you wear it for.
33. Adjustable Feather Ring
Depending on the specific design of a ring, it could be adjustable.
An adjustable ring is something that will change its shape so that you can get it to fit your hand perfectly.
This is a perfect option for those days when the weather is humid, and your hand starts to swell up a bit.
34. Pearl Ring
When most people think about rings, the first thing that comes to mind is the diamond.
However, there are many rings that are created with pearls instead.
The pearl is a beautiful choice, and you can get rings with one or dozens of pearls surrounding it.
35. Claddagh Ring
The Claddagh Ring is a traditional ring that is worn in Irish and Celtic culture.
With a Claddagh Ring, you will notice that the design is unique, and the ring is typically offered in gold color.
The Claddagh ring is more of a traditional option than something modern.
36. Chain Ring
- Made of solid 925 sterling silver with rhodium / 18k gold plating.
- Nickel and lead free, non allergenic, hypoallergenic.
- Open adjustable chain link ring can be resized to your any fingers.
- High polished finish, not tarnish, not make the fingers green.
- Come with a delicate gift box. We offer a 90 day no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
A chain ring can help to represent a relationship that two people have.
This chain ring is adjustable and will help to ensure that, regardless of the finger size, the ring will fit properly.
Chain rings come in a variety of colors and materials.
37. Black Onyx Ring
Black onyx is going to be a different look than a traditional diamond.
A ring like this is usually paired with a silver band.
These two colors together make a bold statement.
38. Birthstone Rings
If you want to give a personal gift but don’t want to do something with the name or initial, a birthstone is another excellent choice.
With a birthstone ring, you will typically get one center stone that represents the birth month.
39. Religious Ring
Although you may think of seeing a cross on a necklace, there are plenty of religious types of rings out there as well.
Most of the rings are a little thicker and larger in size, covering a larger portion of the finger.
40. Smiley Face Rings
No products found.
No products found.
Last but certainly not least is a smiley face ring.
There are hundreds of smiley face rings on the market.
When you look down at each one, it’s a great reminder to try and have a smile on your face while you enjoy your day.NEXT: 9 Types Of Bowling Balls (Differences, Size, Color, Appearance)