When you are heading to the beach, it’s essential to have all the comfortable seating and high-end coolers, but the toys are what can really make or break the day.
If you have the right beach toys, everyone will stay content and make the most of their time at the beach.
With all the beach toys on the market, it can be hard to choose which ones are the best for you.
We have put together a list of the 24 types of beach toys for your next day on the beach.
Each of these beach toys has some great potential to make the day much more fun.
24 Types Of Beach Toys
1. Beach Ball
It’s hard to go wrong at the beach with a classic beach ball.
A beach ball is a very lightweight and inexpensive way to bring fun to the beach.
There are a number of different ways to play with a beach ball at the beach, but most enjoy using it in the water.
The only real downside of the beach ball is that the wind will carry it away if you are not careful.
Beach balls come in a variety of sizes and colors.
Getting something a little bigger often makes it more fun to be able to play with a group of people.
Most of the time, it is not going to take much air to blow up a beach ball.
Therefore, you can simply bring it with you in your beach bag and then blow it up when you get to your spot on the beach.
2. Traditional Kite
Many people love the idea of flying a kite at the beach.
Most of the time, you will have plenty of wind to be able to get the kite to fly quite high.
Try to head to an area of the beach where there are not as many people.
When the kite comes crashing down, you won’t want it to land on others.
The beach is an excellent place for kids to learn to fly a kite as well.
With no real chance of the kite getting tangled up in a tree, this is a smart beach toy.
3. Ball Toss
A ball toss game makes having a catch much easier for people.
With the ball toss game, you can throw back and forth and not have to worry about your partner’s ability to catch.
Each paddle is made with Velcro so that the ball won’t fall on the ground and get caught in the sand.
Simply hold out your hand, and the ball will stick to the paddle every time.
Then you rip the ball off and throw it back to your friend.
4. Portable Corn Hole
- [INNOVATION DESIGN] Exclusive innovative design, this Bean Bag Toss Game can be assembled very quickly by flicking and sticking and stored very easy by tearing and stacking with a small footprint and meeting every needs in the portable travel.
- [LIGHTWEIGHT & PORTABLE] With a weight of 1 kg and a length of 10inch*10inch*4inch after folding, this Corn Hole Boards are more lightweight and portable than other Cornhole Game in the market. A handy and funny Bean Bag Toss Game in indoor, outdoor and travelling activities.
- [STRONG & DURABLE] Made by the high elastic flat wire, which can be folded for more than one thousand times. This Corn Hole Game is safe and reliable, and the support strength is good. Using 300D polyester fabric design makes it durable and tear-resistant.
- [MOST COST-EFFECTIVE] Two 2' x 1' Cornhole Boards, 10 CornHole Bags and carrying case.All Cornhole Game pieces included. 2 GAMES IN 1, funny outdoor games, when kids feel like mixing it up, just flip-it over and play tic tac toe, it's that easy.
- [EXTENSIBLE WARRANTY] Join Himal Care to extend your Bean Toss Game warranty for FREE.
Corn hole is a backyard game that has become quite popular.
Essentially, you will be taking a bean bag and trying to throw it through a hole on a corn hole board set up about 20 feet away.
The portable corn hole boards are lightweight and easy to set up.
This is the perfect size and shape to take with you among your beach gear.
Most of the time, the beach sand is a perfect place to set up a game like this.
5. Bucket And Shovel Set
- Molded plastic, Recommended ages 18m+, Includes 3 buckets and 2 shovels
- Height: 11in / 28cm
One of the more classic types of beach toys is the traditional bucket and shovel.
Depending on the beach you are going to and how compact the sand is, make sure you choose accordingly.
Some beaches have very hard sand, and if the beach sand castle toys are not all that strong, they can easily snap.
Purchasing a good bucket and shovel set will pay off as you experience one trip to the beach after another.
6. Giant Jenga
Giant Jenga is a very fun beach toy set, but it can be really heavy.
This is a better option if you are staying at a beach house and only have to walk a few steps out to the beach.
The Giant Jenga blocks are made from wood, and they are extremely large.
Playing this game on the beach is fun because very little damage can be done when the tower comes crashing down.
7. Sand Castle Mold Set
A sandcastle mold is a bit different than a traditional bucket and shovel.
The interior of these plastic molds has designs and styles that will make the sandcastle stand out and look quite impressive.
You can combine several of these to make both a long and a tall castle near your spot on the beach.
Purchasing a sandcastle mold set that comes in a bag is a smart choice for storage later on.
8. Waterproof Football
A football that can be tossed on the beach is a classic beach toy.
However, one that is designed to be able to get wet is an even better choice.
Using a football on the beach is common, but when a traditional football gets wet with salty water, it can sustain some damage.
Instead, use a football specifically designed to go in the saltwater, and having a catch on the beach will be that much more fun.
9. Sand Cupcake Play Set
One of the things that young kids love to do on the beach is pretend play.
With a pretend play set like this cupcake option, kids can make their food and set up a small restaurant.
One of the best ways to keep kids engaged for a long period of time is to use something like this.
The set comes with everything necessary to provide quite a bit of fun and entertainment on the beach.
This is a smart option for children seven and younger.
If you have a young child who enjoys playing with trucks, the beach is the perfect place to bring trucks.
With endless sand, rocks, and shells, the dump trucks can keep quite busy at the beach.
It is a smart idea to have a few trucks that are designed specifically for use at the beach.
It can be hard to get all the sand and salt off of these, and they may get a bit difficult to use over time.
It would be better to have a separate set for the beach than to use the trucks that are played with inside the home.
11. Shark Toss
Although this particular set is a shark-themed option, there are many ball toss games like this for the beach.
With this type of set, you will see that there is a basket and a handle attached to the toy.
Simply catch your friend’s throw using this small net, take the ball out and throw it back.
The concept is simple, but it works for a variety of ages.
12. Water Squirters
A water squirter is a fun toy to keep kids both entertained and cool while on the beach.
Water squirters come in a variety of different sizes and shapes and themes.
You may want to choose something fairly tame for a day on the beach because a super soaker may get those around you rather angry.
Water squirters are fun to use and a very lightweight addition to a beach bag (before they are filled with water, of course).
13. Foldable Bucket
Are you worried about where you are going to put all of the beach toys your family is requesting to bring to the beach?
Luckily, with this unique invention, things just got a bit easier.
A foldable beach bucket will fold completely flat to stuff in the corner of your beach bag.
When your kids are ready to build with the bucket, simply pull it open, and it functions as a typical beach sand bucket.
14. Water Or Sand Mill
Although the water or sand mill could be a part of a larger sand toy set, you are going to want to make sure you have at least one.
Kids can pour either water or sand in the top funnel of this toy and then watch it drain down.
As the water drains down, the water wheel will spin.
It’s a very fun toy to watch and one that will bring quite a bit of joy and entertainment.
This is a perfect combination with a sand bucket and shovel set.
15. Toy Boats
Toy boats are a great choice because they can be played both on the sand and in the water.
With a toy boat, you can create a small lake or river by your spot on the beach or take these right out into the water.
The toy boats are fun for kids, and you can find them in many different color and size choices.
Just keep an eye on these when you play in the water and make sure they don’t get away from you.
16. Dinosaur Beach Set
For some kids, a traditional bucket is not going to be enough at the beach.
With a dinosaur beach set like this, kids can set up an entire dinosaur scene and reenact what life was like for the dinosaurs.
With an endless amount of sand and water to add to the fun of this set, you will find the dinosaur beach set to be a great addition to your beach gear.
17. Flying Ring
- AS SEEN ON ABC, NBC, CBS AND FOX, Activ Flyers are The World's Easiest Flyers To Throw & Catch! Ultra-popular summer beach ideas for boys! Perfect for young children! Our unique design flies straight and can be caught in the smallest of hands, on your wrist or even your foot!
- STOP HURTING YOUR FINGERS! At just 33g, these best-selling flying toys are 80% lighter than standard flying discs, which means safe, comfortable catches. Kids Love Activ Flyers and so will you! This two pack comes with one yellow and one cyan flying ring!
- Get outside and play! Leave the video games and phone inside. Enjoy hours of outdoor fun with your family and friends! Ideal for players of all ages and skill levels. Play anytime and anywhere. They even float in water, making them great beach, lake and pool toys. Sorry dog owners, these are only for humans.
- PERFECT BIRTHDAY PRESENTS AND SUMMER TOYS! Each 2-pack of Activ Flyers comes in a full-color gift box and are loved by children of all ages: 3-12 years old and fun for adults too.
- Buy now with confidence. Activ Flyers are made in the USA and have thousands of 5-star reviews. But if you're not 100% satisfied for any reason, simply return your Activ Flyers for a FULL REFUND with no questions asked. Click the Add to Cart button now. You'll be happy you did!
One issue that we have noticed about playing catch on the beach is limited space.
If you are worried about hitting the people around you with a beach toy, then a flying ring is a great choice.
With something like this, the ring will not hurt, and it is soft and easy to throw.
Although you will always want to ensure you have ample space, so if something goes wrong, this flying ring will help ensure that people are safe.
18. Large Shovel
A large beach shovel is a great choice for those who like to make big holes on the beach.
These shovels are typically a few feet long, and the head of the shovel is usually quite a bit stronger than the small plastic types.
The large beach shovels can do some excellent digging at a much faster pace.
Just remember that most beaches require that you fill the hole up before you leave for the day.
This helps to ensure that animals and other people do not fall into one of your creations.
19. Boogie Board
- Body Board Lightweight with EPS core, Heat lamination Technology, offers impact strength durability, Lightweight & Rigid. More maneuverability, and increased speeds and strength.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION : HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) super slick bottom with channels and a crescent tail.
- Compact feeling and water resistant for all wave conditions. 60/40 rails allow for more maneuverability and skills.
- Includes leash with wristband to keep board nearby.
- 41" board, Stylish design, bright colors (red, blue and pink) for you to choose , offer best surfing fun. Ready for hours of fun at the beach, river, or water-park. TOTAL ASSURANCE - When you receive a Bo Toys product, if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, let us know. We will respond promptly and professionally in order to fix any problems the product may have, if you received a faulty item, we will replace it immediately.
A boogie board is a must-have beach toy that allows for fun, lightweight performance in the water.
With a boogie board, you can enjoy riding the waves for hours.
One of the great benefits of a boogie board is that when it is not in the water, it acts as a great spot to sit and rest up and out of the sand.
These come in various styles and sizes, and there is sure to be an option for you.
20. Bucket Ball
Bucket Ball is a relatively new but enjoyable addition to the world of beach toys.
With this game, the buckets are set up in a triangular shape.
Two teams stand apart from each other and try to throw a tennis ball into the bucket.
If the ball gets in, the bucket is taken away, and the first person to have no buckets left is the winner.
This is a perfect outdoor game at the beach or even in the backyard.
21. Kan Jam
- #1 OUTDOOR GAME: The No. 1 Outdoor Party Game in America made for Pool, Beach, or Lake. Kan Jam is tremendously fun and a popular competitive team game similar to cornhole, washer toss and horseshoes
- HOW TO PLAY: Take turns throwing and deflecting the flying disc across the yard, beach, or park at the goal - 21 points wins, or go pro and slot the flying disc for an INSTANT WIN!
- EASY SET UP: So easy to set up, you can play in seconds!
- FOUR PLAYER ACTION: Similar to cornhole, there are two teams of two players who stand at opposite goals and work together to score points.
- SET INCLUDES: 2 Mini Kan Jam Goals and 1 Mini Flying Disc
If you like Frisbee, Kan Jam is going to be a very fun beach toy to own.
With this game, there are two goals that have an opening on the top and one in the middle.
You will play with these goals set up apart from each other.
One teammate will throw the Frisbee, and the other will do anything they can to get the Frisbee to land in the goal.
The more times the Frisbee lands in the goal, the more points you get.
This game takes a little time to get used to initially, but it is very fun when you get the hang of it.
22. Bocce Beach Set
Playing Bocce on the beach is a classic outdoor game.
With Bocce, you simply roll a small ball out on the sand and then give each player heavy balls that need to get as close to the small ball as possible.
The best area on the beach to play bocce ball is where the sand is a bit more compact.
Even with the bocce balls being so heavy, they don’t seem to have a problem rolling in that compact sand.
If you are heading down the beach for miles looking for a spot, remember that a bocce ball set is quite heavy.
23. Waterproof Cards
Playing cards at the beach is excellent, except when the cards get all sandy and wet and ruined.
However, if you bring a set of cards that are waterproof, you can simply rinse them off at the end of the day.
Cards are a great way to pass the time, and different games can be played regardless of age or level of interest.
Finding a card game that is appealing to you should not take very long.
It makes sense to keep this card set in your bag at all times.
24. Spike Ball
Spike ball is a team game that you will likely see popping up at a beach near you.
These are very popular small sets, and they are lightweight and easy to travel with.
This game is popular among young people because it can be physically demanding.
Spike ball takes a bit of skill, and you must be quick and strong, but once you get the hang of it, this is a great beach toy to consider bringing with you.
Now you have to make the difficult decision of which beach toys to bring.
You can easily find reasons to bring any of the above options on our list for your next trip to the beach.
The problem is going to be lugging all of this stuff to your spot.
Next, you will find yourself looking for a beach cart or wagon to help you get your gear down to the water.
Beach toys are fun and can make your day go by more quickly than you might imagine.