Top 5 Jet Best Ski Batteries
Jet Ski batteries provide your PWC with the power that it needs to stay active and true while on the water.
The following five models are among the most popular on the market today and are likely the best that you can find.
Pay attention to prices and accessories to get the best result.
1. Rechargeable YTX20L-BS
- BATTERY TYPE: YTX20L-BS AGM battery with [- +] terminal is a rechargeable, power sport battery. 6. 10x 6. 89x 3. 43
- VERSATILE FIT: This YTX20L-BS battery fits in a variety of applications, ranging from motorcycles, ATVs, jet skis, and more
- TOP TECHNOLOGY: The Acid inside is constructed with Absorbed Glass Mat technology allowing for a low-maintenance and spill proof battery. Patented sealed post prevents corrosion, which gives extended battery life
- EASY APPLICATION: Chrome Battery batteries come fully charged and ready to go once delivered. Simply connect your battery to the application and you are ready to go
- : 18 month manufacturer for replacement - 30 day refund window
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
The best Jet Ski battery mode features a simple positive and negative terminal charge that makes it appropriate for motorcycles, ATV models, and Jet Ski models.
And the battery is fully charged at the manufacturing facility so that you can integrate it onto your PWC without difficulty.
Maximum leak protection comes with the durable exterior, which ensures no spills or battery-acid leaks.
Just as importantly, this model is designed for high-performance operation, which ensures that your Jet Ski is fully powered at all times.
The battery models that this option can replace include MTX20L-BS, UTX20L-BS, UB20L-BS, 20L-BS, LTX20L-BS, EBX20L-BS, ETX20L, 20L-BS, PTX20L-BS, GTX20L-BS, and ES20LBS options.
However, they may be compatible with other types.
- Strong lead calcium alloy keeps the battery strong
- Absorbed grass mat creates a maintenance-free performance
- Dimensions should fit in just about any Jet Ski model
- Self-discharge rate is appropriate and well balanced
- Fairly heavy and bulky to handle
- May be hard to connect
- Terminals need regular scrubbing
2. Odyssey PC625 Powersports Battery
- Special Shipping Information: This item cannot be returned and has additional shipping restrictions
- Longer cycle life: 70 percentage longer cycle life compared to conventional deep cycle batteries
- Faster recharge: The highest recharge efficiency of any sealed lead battery on the market
- Vibration resistance- design protects against high impact shock and mechanical vibration; Extreme temperature tolerant
- This item is not for sale in Catalina Island; Limited 2-year full replacement warranty, not pro rata
- Special Shipping Information: This item cannot be returned and has additional shipping restrictions
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) - 220
Although this battery is designed for many types of sports vehicles, it is an excellent choice for high-quality PWC options.
For example, it has a 70 percent longer cycle life compared to regular deep cycle batteries, particularly those at this model’s price range.
As a result, you can get more time on your Jet Ski between charges, which ensures that you don’t have to stop having fun for hours at a time.
Just as importantly, this battery has one of the highest recharge efficiency rates of any battery on the market.
As a result, it can last longer in certain situations and with certain types of charges.
- Can go through 400 cycles at 80 percentage depth of discharge
- Compatible with many different ATV and PWC models
- Contains 40 percent more reserve capacity than similar battery models
- Possesses 15 percent more plate surface area for extra charge capacity
- Price may be quite steep or some users
- Lifespan may be shortened without regular maintenance
- Terminals may need to be updated
3. Chrome Battery YB16CL-BS Jet Ski Battery
- BATTERY TYPE: YTX16CL-BS AGM battery with [- +] terminal is a rechargeable, powersport battery. 6. 80x 6. 90x 3. 90
- VERSATILE FIT: This YTX16CL-BS battery fits in a variety of applications, ranging from motorcycles, ATVs, jet skis, and more
- TOP TECHNOLOGY: The Acid inside is constructed with Absorbed Glass Mat technology allowing for a low-maintenance and spill proof battery, Patented sealed post prevents corrosion, which gives extended battery life
- EASY APPLICATION: Chrome Battery batteries come fully charged and ready to go once delivered, Simply connect your battery to the application and you are ready to go
- WARRANTY: 18 month warranty - 30 day refund window
- fit type: Vehicle Specific
This simple, but adaptable, battery is adequately sealed to prevent corrosion and possessor of a reasonably long lifespan.
Though it may not last as long as the top two options on our list, you can still get several years of fun out of this battery, particularly with a trickle charger.
The patented sealed post protection option is designed to keep rust from impacting your battery and causing operational issues.
Make sure to pay attention to this aspect because rust on your battery posts could cause complications with how well it charges and distributes electricity.
- Price is very fair for this battery model
- Output voltage is balanced and easy to maintain
- Requires minimal maintenance beyond cleaning
- Study and reliable exterior build
- Terminals are steel, which may rust without protection
- May lack hardware to mount cables
- Charge may be uneven
4. Mighty Max Battery YB16CL-B
- YB16CL-B GEL is a 12V 19AH 250 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) GEL (Maintenance Free) Battery
- Dimensions: 6.75 inches x 3.81 inches x 6.81 inches. Polarity: Negative on left, Positive on right. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included.
- Factory activated GEL battery. Maintenance free. No acid pack needed. Advanced design works right out of the box and requires no maintenance yet offers the option to prolong the standard life by adding extra electrolytes.
- True deep cycle battery that can be mounted in any position, Resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures.
- Environment friendly, leaving no pollution to the environment while charging and discharging. Zero fumes or chemicals escape the battery casing. All chemical reactions are done within the battery itself.
Mighty Max batteries are often among the most reliable and most effective on the market.
The same is true of this sports vehicle battery.
It is fully charged in the cell and contains a GEL design, which means it is one of the easiest to maintain batteries on the market.
Beyond that, it contains a high level of cold-cranking amps, which makes it useful for cold-weather vehicles.
As a result, you can take it off of your Jet Ski at the end of the season and put it on your snow machine, if you are so inclined.
- No hazardous fumes are produced when using this battery
- Low self-discharging for maximum life span
- Cold-weather operation makes it very useful
- Fairly compact compared to other batteries
- Availability may vary depending on the store
- Price may vary in some situations
- Exterior surface has a tendency to wear down
5. Caltric AGM Battery
- 12V / 18AH / CCA 270
- DIMENSIONS: LENGHT: 6 7/8 - 175mm, WIDTH: 3 7/16" - 87mm, HEIGHT: 6 1/8" - 155mm
- AGM (absorbed glass mat) is a special design glass mat designed to wick the battery electrolyte between the battery plates. Maintenance free never needs water.
Sea-Doo owners should consider this particular battery model.
It can be used on 1995-1997 GTX models, 1998-1999 GTX Limited models, 1998-2001 GTX RFI models, 2000 GTX models, 2000 GTX DI 2000 models, and 2001 GTX DI North America and GTX International models.
Its low price makes this a great budget choice for these and other Sea-Doo PWC models.
- Easy to install on your Jet Ski
- Solid amperage output
- Minimal maintenance needs
- Simple design options
- May run small on some Sea-Doo models
- Light weight may feel flimsy
- Material quality is a little lower
Jet Ski Battery Maintenance
Now that you’ve got an insight into the best Jet Ski battery options on the market, you need to know how to maintain one.
Thankfully, the basic process should be uniform for most types of Jet Ski batteries.
The first step here is to make sure that you never let your battery fully die.
Allowing it drain completely may cause damage to its cells and make it harder to hold charges.
Even worse, a full drain may also trigger interior damage that may cause the battery to fail to hold a charge at all.
Therefore, you need to make sure that you pay attention to cable connections and clean them properly to ensure electricity flows smoothly.
Next, you need to charge your battery between uses to ensure that it remains strong, particularly when storing it for the winter.
Take your battery off of your Jet Ski when you plan on storing your PWC and place it on an appropriate battery tender.
A trickle charger is the right choice because it will maintain your battery’s charge while also not overcharging it.
Make sure that you store your battery in an area that is clean and which has a reasonable temperature – usually, room temperature is a good choice here.
Thankfully, most battery maintenance is straightforward and requires almost no specialized training.
As a result, just about any PWC owner should be able to handle this process without much difficulty.
For example, other steps that you may want to consider as a way of maintaining your Jet Ski battery include:
- Removing the battery using the proper tools, such as spanners or screwdrivers
- Holding the battery level at all times when cleaning it to ensure that it doesn’t spill
- Placing it on a rubber mat when storing to minimize charging issues
- Checking the battery fluid level – which requires opening the battery cap – and refilling it, as necessary
- Scrubbing the surface of the battery and the terminals to break apart mold, mildew, dirt, and other stains
These simple steps should be done as needed to keep your battery strong.
For example, you may want to check your fluid level at least every four weeks to avoid any issue.
Other steps, such as cleaning the terminals, may only be necessary once a month or so.
Check your owner’s manual to get an insight into when to perform these steps and how to perform them.
Just as importantly, make sure that you use the proper charger when maintaining your Jet Ski battery.
Too many people may try to use inappropriate chargers.
Even if these chargers do provide charge to your battery, they may send voltage at a pace that is inappropriate for your battery.
So always use the charger supplied by the manufacturer.
Jet Ski Battery FAQ
Q: How do you connect a Jet Ski battery?
Place your battery into the proper holding area and start by connecting the positive lead to the battery while holding the negative cable far from the battery.
After the positive connection is made, you can connect the negative lead.
At this point, your Jet Ski should be ready to run.
Note: you can follow this same process when attaching your Jet Ski battery to a charger as well.
Q: How long will a Jet Ski battery last?
If you perform simple maintenance steps and correctly charge your battery, it should last for at least 3-5 years.
The variance here depends on how often you use the battery, the model that you use, and other aspects of its design.
A failure to properly maintain your battery will cause damage and may cause it to last much shorter – this issue explains why so many people complain about miserable battery life on various buying sites.
Q: How long does it take to charge a Jet Ski battery?
The charging time for a battery will vary depending on many factors.
For example, some larger or low-quality batteries may take all night to charge.
By contrast, better or smaller batteries may charge up as quickly as four hours.
Keeping your battery on a trickle charger – and stored in a cool and dry place – will not only keep it adequately charged but also add years to its lifespan at the same time.
However, make sure to remove the battery if you notice any problems with excessive heat.
How much voltage is in a Jet Ski battery?
The voltage level of PWC batteries varies depending on the needs of the vehicle.
Typically, a Jet Ski uses a lead-acid battery, which is made up of various cells.
Each cell in a battery contains about two volts.
Most Jet Ski batteries will be about 12 volts or six two-volt cells.
However, the needs may vary depending on the exact model PWC that you ride.
Make sure to read your owner’s manual to figure out how much voltage is necessary.
Q: Can I swap batteries between different models?
Most Jet Skis are adaptable with multiple types of batteries, as long as they provide the appropriate voltage.
As a result, you can often swap batteries between different Jet Ski models.
However, you may not want to swap between Jet Skis and other vehicles, such as dirt bikes, because they may have a slightly different voltage requirement.
Again, your owner’s manual should list the type of battery that works the best for your particularly PWC.
Q: How do I discard old or dead batteries?
Batteries contain corrosive elements, like acid, and should not be thrown away in a standard garbage can.
Instead, you should take them to an appropriate battery recycling center.
Typically, these centers are available in most large cities.
They will break down your battery and dispose of all of its dangerous and corrosive elements to ensure that it causes no pollution.